It’s July, it’s obscenely HOT…. but no matter how ridiculous the thermostat gets, there’s one thing that I know for sure, and that is: Summer time = FUN time. When I’m not busy making sure things are running smoothly at WAX, you can usually find me clutching a cold drink on a friend’s front porch, or crashing my neighborhood pool (wearing about 3 inches of sunscreen, of course).
Every season has it’s list of ‘must haves’ and ‘must dos’ (such as large brimmed sun hats and trips to the sandy coast). This month, I have a few personal obsessions that have made my life of work and fun easy breezy:
- RGB nail polish in Mink– You can’t go wrong with a taupe-brown neutral for anytime of the year, and this shade by RGB is my current fav. It also helps that it’s free of harsh chemicals, which is always an essential for me with any beauty product.
- Greens Plus Energy Bars– These bars are a total life saver! Forget sugary power/granola bars that have more junk than good. These bars are the perfect snack to keep you going whenever you get into that mid-day rut, and they are exploding with antioxidants.
- Underarm waxing– I am officially addicted to underarm waxing. I KNOW! I know….It’s been almost 2 years since I started at WAX, and I’ve never ventured to the pits. I have been missing out.
- Marvis Toothpaste in Ginger Mint– I never realized how much I could love a toothpaste until I tried this little gem! Not only is it super effective, but the packaging has a great retro modern design that looks lovely in my bathroom!
- The Grant Park Farmers Market– I look forward to this every Sunday. After coffee, my dog Maebe and I take a stroll down to the market to pick up some fresh bread and lots and lots of peaches! Perfectly ripe, and locally grown…..we’re totally addicted.